Would You Like to Make Money Flipping Real Estate?
Many beginning real estate investors get started by flipping real estate to make quick cash. If you would like to make more money by investing in real estate, you need to know a few essentials.
What is the definition of real estate flipping?
Simple definition: Buying property and reselling quickly, hopefully for a great profit. Usually, people think of flipping houses, or the buying and selling of a home fast, as the only way to make money flipping real estate. However, some investors specialize in other types of real estate such as land or strip centers.
Some confusion arises over the process of making money flipping property. People who specialize in finding bargain real estate, obtain a purchase contract, and then sell the contract before taking title to the property are known as “Bird Dogs.” These beginning real estate investors get started with no money down by:
* Finding a seller under stress with a bargain property
* Securing a sales contract
* Selling their contract for roughly $500 to $5,000 to a seasoned real estate investor
Isn’t real estate flipping illegal?
Flipping real estate isn’t illegal. However, many unscrupulous investors committed mortgage fraud to make fast money. Some of these investors, working with mortgage brokers and appraisers, resold houses to unqualified buyers inflating the property value and home buyer’s qualifications. Often these home purchases had no money or little money down. When these new home owners defaulted on the mortgage payment, the mortgage lenders lost money because the house wasn’t worth the inflated purchase price.
To avoid legal problems in real estate flipping, don’t commit mortgage fraud.
To make money real estate flipping:
1. Prepare your financing so you can close on a deal quickly.
2. Learn your market so you know what makes a good deal.
3. Find a bargain property owned by a seller under stress to sell.
4. Secure a purchase contract in your favor.
5. During escrow, plan your selling actions.
6. Close on the property on time.
7. Immediately set your selling plan into action. If the property needs fixing, be prepared to get this done right away.
8. Market your property to your target market. Don’t just list the property and hope for the best.
9. Find a qualified buyer. Have a loan officer check to make sure your buyer meets all the mortgage requirements.
10. Stay legal. Don’t use an inflated appraisal. Don’t help your buyer create false W2s, write phony credit letters, or prepare any false documents. You can pay many of your buyer’s closing costs to make the purchase easier.
Yes, you can make money flipping real estate. Buy low, sell for full-market value, avoid mortgage fraud, and enjoy your profits!
'The attention to detail and professionalism that Troy and his staff brings to our contract drafting process is unmatched. It’s a rare occurrence to find a law firm that cares as much about your legal protection as you do. But, Doucet Gerling is that law firm."
Mr. Doucet and his staff handled two foreclosures and a related matter for me. I found everyone in his office to be professional, effective and responsive. Everything he handled for me got me the results I expected. I highly recommend Doucet Gerling.
As an attorney and former client of Doucet Gerling, I was very impressed with the representation of Troy Doucet and his firm. I would recommend him to all who face difficulty in saving their home or getting cooperation with their mortgage companies.
If you need legal assistance regarding foreclosure, I urge you to consider putting your complete trust in Doucet Gerling. They will employ their vast knowledge and expertise on your behalf and work to attain a great outcome for your individual needs and situation.
"Troy Doucet is one of the most gifted attorneys that we have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He treated us with kindness and generosity. We were most impressed with his integrity and high sense of duty to us. If you are looking for an attorney to get the job done we highly recommend Troy Doucet. Our family can never thank him enough for getting our foreclosure problem solved."
My company has worked with multiple law firms in the past, but none have come close to matching the quality we are seeing from Doucet & Associates. If you want an attorney who has a deep understanding of both the legal system AND business, hire them – you won’t be disappointed.
"Mr. Doucet worked wonders in my case. He stood up for me when I felt overwhelmed and helpless and kept my credit rating and future intact. Thanks you so much for helping me and my family."
"My family and I would like to send a thank you with sincere gratitude for all the time, hard work, and long hours set a side daily to represent and speak on our behalf during a very challenging time in our life. Our success is a reflect of your commitment. Thank you Troy Doucet & law firm."