I didn’t understand the concept of a real estate team at first, so I had a hard time with real estate investment. I tended to be a “lone wolf,” trying to do too much myself. I have since learned that in real estate, you need a team of people you can trust and rely on. Here are some possible team members, and what they need to be on the team.
1. A mortgage broker or banker. A broker can offer many options, but a banker can make the loan decision. They each have their advantages, and you could use both on your team. In either case it’s important they understand what you want (fast closings, lower interest, corporate loans?)
2. An accountant or bookkeeper. To keep proper books for real estate investments is getting more complicated with all the tax-law changes. Find someone that understands the law, and understands what you want.
3. A real estate attorney. Find someone familiar with the laws and legal customs of your area, and that has experience with the type of deals you intend to do (If you are buying rentals, she should be familiar with doing evictions, for example.)
4. A good real estate agent. An agent with experience in the area you invest in and access to the MLS (Multiple Listing Service), can be a great help. If she is a seller’s agent, she can still ethically bring the best deals to you once she knows you’re a serious buyer.
5. An appraiser. A good appraiser can give you an accurate valuation of a property, but they can also suggest ways in which you can most efficiently raise the value of a property. Find someone that will talk to you.
6. An inspector. Some states make it too easy to become an inspector with little experience. You may want to find one that is or used to be a contractor, so he can find the problems AND give you some idea of the cost of repairs.
7. An insurance agent. Good ones will understand what you want, and find ways to save you money. Insure all your properties with one agent, and you’re likely to have discounts available, aas well as better service.
8. An escrow officer. They’ll usually be with a closing company. Find someone that’s efficient, and can explain things clearly to both sides. If he is confused by a slightly creative contract, he should educate easily or be replaced.
9. A cleaning person or crew. When you have a trusted person or crew ready, it means a fast turn-around when you buy a rental or rehab project.
10. Rental property manager. Be certain that the company you hire has exerience, is responsive, and will have time when you call. Good property managers can tell you what you should get for rent in a given area BEFORE you buy.
Start building that team. Investing in real estate is a whole lot less stressful and more profitable with a good real estate team.
'The attention to detail and professionalism that Troy and his staff brings to our contract drafting process is unmatched. It’s a rare occurrence to find a law firm that cares as much about your legal protection as you do. But, Doucet Co. LPA is that law firm."
Mr. Doucet and his staff handled two foreclosures and a related matter for me. I found everyone in his office to be professional, effective and responsive. Everything he handled for me got me the results I expected. I highly recommend Doucet Co., LPA.
As an attorney and former client of Doucet Co., LPA, I was very impressed with the representation of Troy Doucet and his firm. I would recommend him to all who face difficulty in saving their home or getting cooperation with their mortgage companies.
If you need legal assistance regarding foreclosure, I urge you to consider putting your complete trust in Doucet Gerling. They will employ their vast knowledge and expertise on your behalf and work to attain a great outcome for your individual needs and situation.
"Troy Doucet is one of the most gifted attorneys that we have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He treated us with kindness and generosity. We were most impressed with his integrity and high sense of duty to us. If you are looking for an attorney to get the job done we highly recommend Troy Doucet. Our family can never thank him enough for getting our foreclosure problem solved."
My company has worked with multiple law firms in the past, but none have come close to matching the quality we are seeing from Doucet & Associates. If you want an attorney who has a deep understanding of both the legal system AND business, hire them – you won’t be disappointed.
"Mr. Doucet worked wonders in my case. He stood up for me when I felt overwhelmed and helpless and kept my credit rating and future intact. Thanks you so much for helping me and my family."
"My family and I would like to send a thank you with sincere gratitude for all the time, hard work, and long hours set a side daily to represent and speak on our behalf during a very challenging time in our life. Our success is a reflect of your commitment. Thank you Troy Doucet & law firm."