Where should you invest in real estate? If you know an area well, and have enough experience investing in real estate, you can make money almost anywhere. However, there are always places that are better or worse for real estate investments – places that have a better demand/supply ratio. Use the questions below to find them.
1. Is the population growing fast? Check the US Census figures online, or ask the local government if they have the statistics. Stay away from areas that have little growth.
2. Is job growth decent? Again, ask local authorities or use the census information. You want to see job growth equal to or exceeding population growth. The people have to have money to pay for housing.
3. Decent quality of life? This is subjective, but important. Are there theaters and bookstores? Count coffee shops and cafes. Trendy areas usually have increasing demand for housing. It’s also a good indication of a high quality-of-life if people are willing to take lower-paying jobs just to live there.
4. Wealth in the area? It is always a good sign when there is some degree of wealth in a town. Count rich homes. Wealth means everything doesn’t die when the economy slows.
1. How much new construction? The census figures can tell you what’s happened over the last ten years. Then check with the local authorities to see if the the number of housing units they’ve issued permits for is more or less than the expected population growth.
2. How many homes for sale? A lower supply of homes for sale means upward pressure on prices. This indirectly drives up rents as well, which makes for better investing.
3. Rent and vacancy levels? Are rents high enough to justify investing? Are vacancies low? When we first came to Tucson, every building had vacancies, and we saw a man holding a sign that read, “Apartment – $250 Per Month.” Great place for renters, but not a great place to invest in real estate.
4. Available land that is buildable? Less is better for future appreciation. When the land runs out, the prices start accelerating upwards.
Use these questions to compare various towns and cities, and you’ll see the differences more clearly. You’ll see how housing demand compares to supply in each. Finally, you’ll see where it is better to invest in real estate.
'The attention to detail and professionalism that Troy and his staff brings to our contract drafting process is unmatched. It’s a rare occurrence to find a law firm that cares as much about your legal protection as you do. But, Doucet Gerling is that law firm."
Mr. Doucet and his staff handled two foreclosures and a related matter for me. I found everyone in his office to be professional, effective and responsive. Everything he handled for me got me the results I expected. I highly recommend Doucet Gerling.
As an attorney and former client of Doucet Gerling, I was very impressed with the representation of Troy Doucet and his firm. I would recommend him to all who face difficulty in saving their home or getting cooperation with their mortgage companies.
If you need legal assistance regarding foreclosure, I urge you to consider putting your complete trust in Doucet Gerling. They will employ their vast knowledge and expertise on your behalf and work to attain a great outcome for your individual needs and situation.
"Troy Doucet is one of the most gifted attorneys that we have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He treated us with kindness and generosity. We were most impressed with his integrity and high sense of duty to us. If you are looking for an attorney to get the job done we highly recommend Troy Doucet. Our family can never thank him enough for getting our foreclosure problem solved."
My company has worked with multiple law firms in the past, but none have come close to matching the quality we are seeing from Doucet & Associates. If you want an attorney who has a deep understanding of both the legal system AND business, hire them – you won’t be disappointed.
"Mr. Doucet worked wonders in my case. He stood up for me when I felt overwhelmed and helpless and kept my credit rating and future intact. Thanks you so much for helping me and my family."
"My family and I would like to send a thank you with sincere gratitude for all the time, hard work, and long hours set a side daily to represent and speak on our behalf during a very challenging time in our life. Our success is a reflect of your commitment. Thank you Troy Doucet & law firm."