Are you going through all those anxiety pangs that one normally gets while mulling over the decision of buying a home? Homebuyers are an anxious lot, eager for useful real estate information. It pays to get yourself acquainted with the steps involved in the purchase of a home.
Here’s a list of important things to know before buying a home.
1. The first step is to find out how much you can afford or qualify for. Check your credit report to know your credit worthiness. Clear up problems if any before going to a lender. A good credit rating will result in you receiving lower interest rates.
2. Get pre-approved for a mortgage from a mortgage broker or lender, with a commitment to fund your mortgage in writing. Look out for frequent payment options and prepayment options, which would help knock off some years from your mortgage. And finally, settle for comfortable monthly payments. Once pre-approved for a loan, you will know your price range to begin shopping for real estate.
3. You should buy the real estate that is right for you. Make a wish list of all the specifications you want in your home. Prioritize them based on your wants and needs. Then mark out those aspects that you are willing to compromise on, in case you need to.
4. Get a good, reputable Real Estate Agent to assist you in locating a property in a desirable location. Your Real Estate Agent will know where to help you look for properties, while keeping your preferences and price range in mind.
5. Once your agent provides you with a list of properties that are affordable, you can drive by to check the neighborhood. Look for a house in a location that has good potential for future appreciation. Consider factors like safety, school districts, freeway access, recreational options, work commute time, shopping facilities etc.
6. Check out a sufficient amount of real estate until you develop a sense of comparative value of each neighborhood. Your real estate agent can help you with the valuation.Visiting the localities at different points in time during the day is ideal. This will help narrow down the list. You might want to check during the morning commute, or after dark to verify that the neighborhood suits you.
7. When you have found a house of your choice, compare its price with other houses in the area. Get your real estate agent to assess the value of the home.If all looks good, write an offer!
8. Lastly, consult your real estate agent to be sure that you obtain any professional inspections necessary to answer any questions you may have about the property.Some concerns may include: the condition of the roof, foundation, walls, plumbing, electrical, windows, etc.Other concerns may be: Is the property in a flood zone, or wildfire area.Is the property subject to Mello-Roos? Are there CC& Rs? Are there any easements on the property, etc.Your professional Real Estate Agent will assist you in answering these and other questions you may have prior to closing escrow on a property.
'The attention to detail and professionalism that Troy and his staff brings to our contract drafting process is unmatched. It’s a rare occurrence to find a law firm that cares as much about your legal protection as you do. But, Doucet Gerling is that law firm."
Mr. Doucet and his staff handled two foreclosures and a related matter for me. I found everyone in his office to be professional, effective and responsive. Everything he handled for me got me the results I expected. I highly recommend Doucet Gerling.
As an attorney and former client of Doucet Gerling, I was very impressed with the representation of Troy Doucet and his firm. I would recommend him to all who face difficulty in saving their home or getting cooperation with their mortgage companies.
If you need legal assistance regarding foreclosure, I urge you to consider putting your complete trust in Doucet Gerling. They will employ their vast knowledge and expertise on your behalf and work to attain a great outcome for your individual needs and situation.
"Troy Doucet is one of the most gifted attorneys that we have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He treated us with kindness and generosity. We were most impressed with his integrity and high sense of duty to us. If you are looking for an attorney to get the job done we highly recommend Troy Doucet. Our family can never thank him enough for getting our foreclosure problem solved."
My company has worked with multiple law firms in the past, but none have come close to matching the quality we are seeing from Doucet & Associates. If you want an attorney who has a deep understanding of both the legal system AND business, hire them – you won’t be disappointed.
"Mr. Doucet worked wonders in my case. He stood up for me when I felt overwhelmed and helpless and kept my credit rating and future intact. Thanks you so much for helping me and my family."
"My family and I would like to send a thank you with sincere gratitude for all the time, hard work, and long hours set a side daily to represent and speak on our behalf during a very challenging time in our life. Our success is a reflect of your commitment. Thank you Troy Doucet & law firm."