If Real Estate Investment Is So Great, Why Doesn’t Everyone Do It?
Oh, that’s an easy one. I can answer that in one word. FEAR.
Real estate investment is a great way to change just about everything in your life, but it’s one of those things where doing it for the FIRST time is the toughest. In fact, the second is exponentially easier!
It’s fear folks, plain and simple! And why doesn’t make much sense to me. Consider that:
– “Everyone knows that the surest path from low income to millionaire is through real estate.” This appears to be a well-documented truism. I’ve seen a similar statement in some of the most prestigious financial resources on the planet.
– I rarely hear of someone losing it all from real estate. I might be living in la-la land, but for the most part I only hear of folks prospering from real estate investing. Sure, occasionally I hear of deal going bad or growing complicated, but not to the point of ruining folks.
– There are a lot of properties available. Folks are still divorcing, dying, or just not paying the bills and getting foreclosed on. Much of the foreclosure activity is not SEEN by the public, but most of it is available to the public.
– There are a lot of properties available at below market prices. That’s been my experience anyway. Of course, I have folks right here in my area that tell me they can’t find properties. I just smile and nod my head.
– Rental demand is strong and rents never go down!
So with all this common knowledge and raw opportunity out there, why isn’t everyone investing in real estate?
Here’s my theory.
* Real estate transactions are more involved than going to Wal-mart for a pair of undies, so that scares people. You have to learn a little bit. Mind you, this isn’t a lot of learning, but it is apparently enough to keep some on the sidelines.
* The numbers are big. I’ve seen folks nearly CEASE UP mentally talking about large amounts of money. Merely talking about a $100,000 mortgage causes some people break out in a sweat.
* Horror stories. Everyone’s heard about some scam, sink hole, meteor or something else on the fringes of believability that has happened somewhere at sometime. I mean, there is SOME risk involved.
* Fear of taking action! It’s hard to do something you’ve never done, and harder to do something you’ve never done before in a subject matter on which you aren’t an expert! People fear something, which makes facing that fear hard. What I’m referring to is what I call, “IT’S EASIER NOT TO.”
So what does one do to face fear and make a change in their life,
Ah, that’s just as easy as the last question. I can also answer that in one word…KNOWLEDGE.
Once properly armed with the knowledge they need, most folks can overcome their fears to the point of taking action.
So if you are contemplating taking your financial future into your own hands by investing in real estate, FOCUS on one thing for the next 3-6 months. Buy books or courses, got to real estate investing club meetings, visit websites and get on discussion groups. Let those things be your action steps for awhile. I suspect you’ll be ready to dive into the market with the knowledge you’ll gain.
'The attention to detail and professionalism that Troy and his staff brings to our contract drafting process is unmatched. It’s a rare occurrence to find a law firm that cares as much about your legal protection as you do. But, Doucet Co. LPA is that law firm."
Mr. Doucet and his staff handled two foreclosures and a related matter for me. I found everyone in his office to be professional, effective and responsive. Everything he handled for me got me the results I expected. I highly recommend Doucet Co., LPA.
As an attorney and former client of Doucet Co., LPA, I was very impressed with the representation of Troy Doucet and his firm. I would recommend him to all who face difficulty in saving their home or getting cooperation with their mortgage companies.
If you need legal assistance regarding foreclosure, I urge you to consider putting your complete trust in Doucet Gerling. They will employ their vast knowledge and expertise on your behalf and work to attain a great outcome for your individual needs and situation.
"Troy Doucet is one of the most gifted attorneys that we have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He treated us with kindness and generosity. We were most impressed with his integrity and high sense of duty to us. If you are looking for an attorney to get the job done we highly recommend Troy Doucet. Our family can never thank him enough for getting our foreclosure problem solved."
My company has worked with multiple law firms in the past, but none have come close to matching the quality we are seeing from Doucet & Associates. If you want an attorney who has a deep understanding of both the legal system AND business, hire them – you won’t be disappointed.
"Mr. Doucet worked wonders in my case. He stood up for me when I felt overwhelmed and helpless and kept my credit rating and future intact. Thanks you so much for helping me and my family."
"My family and I would like to send a thank you with sincere gratitude for all the time, hard work, and long hours set a side daily to represent and speak on our behalf during a very challenging time in our life. Our success is a reflect of your commitment. Thank you Troy Doucet & law firm."