In order to sell your home quickly, and for the best price, here is a list of things to address BEFORE your agent brings that first potential buyer to look at it.
1) Make sure the lawn is mowed, the shrubs are trimmed, and the porch is clean and free of clutter. If it’s fall, rake up the leaves. If it’s winter, keep the walkways clear. Make sure the front door is either freshly painted or well-scrubbed. It’s all part of creating a positive first impression as potential buyers approach the home.
2) Inside, clean the house thoroughly, especially the bathroom and kitchen. Make sure the woodwork is either cleaned or freshly painted. Those two areas are very important in most people’s minds, and you need to pay special attention to them to create a good impression.
3) Make sure all the faucets work (without dripping) and all light bulbs come on when their switches are turned on. Little things like that can be distracting to buyers.
4) Make certain that every closet door and cabinet opens easily, and closes securely. Doors that don’t open or close properly give a negative impression to buyers.
5) Don’t let your kids leave out their roller skates or skateboards, and if there are slippery rugs that you’ve learned not to step on over the years, remove them so potential buyers don’t go flying.
6) Organize closets, basements, and attics, so that they look larger. Just like you, buyers are always looking for room to store things. If you have so much stuff that you can’t do that, consider having a garage sale, renting a storage space, or calling the Salvation Army truck.
7) Pay special attention to the bedrooms. Just like the kitchen and bathroom, comfortable, spacious, and well-organized bedrooms make a positive impression in home buyer’s minds, because they know they’ll be spending a significant amount of time in them.
8) Open your curtains during the daytime, to let in as much light as possible. It gives a positive feeling to the home and makes rooms feel more spacious.
9) If the home is being shown at night, turn on every light inside and outside of the house. You’ll be brightening the mood, as well as showing off your color scheme and wallpaper designs to their best advantage.
10) Don’t have a bunch of people around when the home is being shown. In fact, it’s a good idea to make an excuse to leave yourself, so that potential buyers are free to speak freely about what they see as they tour the home.
11) If you have pets, keep them away from the buyers. In fact, it’s worthwhile to take them with you when you excuse yourself and make your exit during the showing.
When getting ready to show your home, always point toward creating a positive impression on prospective buyers. They want what you would want, they’ll notice what you’d notice, so walk through your home and try to see it from a stranger’s perspective. Ask other people to walk through and tell you the negative things they notice. Then address those things. It will all help you to sell your home–quickly, and at the best possible price.
'The attention to detail and professionalism that Troy and his staff brings to our contract drafting process is unmatched. It’s a rare occurrence to find a law firm that cares as much about your legal protection as you do. But, Doucet Co. LPA is that law firm."
Mr. Doucet and his staff handled two foreclosures and a related matter for me. I found everyone in his office to be professional, effective and responsive. Everything he handled for me got me the results I expected. I highly recommend Doucet Co., LPA.
As an attorney and former client of Doucet Co., LPA, I was very impressed with the representation of Troy Doucet and his firm. I would recommend him to all who face difficulty in saving their home or getting cooperation with their mortgage companies.
If you need legal assistance regarding foreclosure, I urge you to consider putting your complete trust in Doucet Gerling. They will employ their vast knowledge and expertise on your behalf and work to attain a great outcome for your individual needs and situation.
"Troy Doucet is one of the most gifted attorneys that we have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He treated us with kindness and generosity. We were most impressed with his integrity and high sense of duty to us. If you are looking for an attorney to get the job done we highly recommend Troy Doucet. Our family can never thank him enough for getting our foreclosure problem solved."
My company has worked with multiple law firms in the past, but none have come close to matching the quality we are seeing from Doucet & Associates. If you want an attorney who has a deep understanding of both the legal system AND business, hire them – you won’t be disappointed.
"Mr. Doucet worked wonders in my case. He stood up for me when I felt overwhelmed and helpless and kept my credit rating and future intact. Thanks you so much for helping me and my family."
"My family and I would like to send a thank you with sincere gratitude for all the time, hard work, and long hours set a side daily to represent and speak on our behalf during a very challenging time in our life. Our success is a reflect of your commitment. Thank you Troy Doucet & law firm."