Five Reasons for Real Estate Investors to Consider Mexico
Real Estate prices in the most popular parts of Mexico have been on the increase of late, and the demand for property to retire, holiday and invest in has also been on the up – this has created something of a real estate boom in Mexico but for those still wondering what the fuss is all about here are the five main reasons why an investor should consider Mexican real estate…
1) The government of Mexico has relaxed the rules that once prevented foreign buyers from purchasing on or close to the coast, and nowadays with the simple use of a bank trust structure investors can purchase some of the most beautiful prime beachfront land in Mexico.
This land is ripe for residential and tourism development and because the demand for hotels and luxury beach front property is at its most intense in Mexico right now, this means that an investor who buys beach front real estate in Mexico is probably buying themselves one of the most promising investments possible.
2) The Mexican government is committed to the economic improvement of their country and to this end they are doing everything in their power to attract foreign direct investment particularly into the tourism and real estate sectors. This means that not only is investment welcome but there are certain incentives now in place that make investing in Mexican real estate even more attractive.
3) Mexican real estate is incredibly popular with Northern Americans because it is affordable and easily accessible and also because Mexico itself is a low cost country in which to live. The large American baby boomer generation is nearing retirement and as they do so a surge of interest from this generation into the property market in Mexico is expected. This means that an investor who buys into Mexico now and targets this particular group of people could profit substantially – especially if they consider buying into or developing retirement, gated or exclusive communities.
4) Over 16,000 foreign companies have recently been attracted to Mexico by the government’s commitment to developing policies to make the country more attractive for overseas companies and investors. The companies who have established trading bases in Mexico have also created substantial employment opportunities for the local people and expatriates – as a result, in the main Mexican towns and cities unemployment is down, GDP is up and local Mexicans and expatriate employees of the international firms are in a strong financial position and are looking to rent quality accommodation for which a premium can be charged.
Real estate investors who prefer the buy to let market can buy into the residential rental market in Mexico at a far reduced cost when compared to similar markets in cities or towns in America or Europe for example, and they can profit successfully from the increased purchasing power that is now apparent in Mexico.
5) The tourism market in Mexico is responsible for generating over 8% of the country’s GDP and supplying over 9% of the country’s jobs already, and sustained focus by the government of Mexico on further developing and promoting tourism in Mexico means that the country is growing in popularity annually. The rise in the numbers of visitors to Mexico means that there is increased demand for quality villa and apartment accommodation to let out and a growing number of overseas investors are now buying up single units, buying into entire developments and even purchasing land for the development of properties to meet this rise in demand.
Those who are focusing on this market sector are making some of the greatest returns in the shortest period of time in Mexico today – and if current statistics are anything to go by, the level of overseas interest in both property to let and real estate to buy in Mexico means that the demand for investment properties in Mexico is not abating thus offering real estate investors medium to long term potential for profit and gains.
'The attention to detail and professionalism that Troy and his staff brings to our contract drafting process is unmatched. It’s a rare occurrence to find a law firm that cares as much about your legal protection as you do. But, Doucet Co. LPA is that law firm."
Mr. Doucet and his staff handled two foreclosures and a related matter for me. I found everyone in his office to be professional, effective and responsive. Everything he handled for me got me the results I expected. I highly recommend Doucet Co., LPA.
As an attorney and former client of Doucet Co., LPA, I was very impressed with the representation of Troy Doucet and his firm. I would recommend him to all who face difficulty in saving their home or getting cooperation with their mortgage companies.
If you need legal assistance regarding foreclosure, I urge you to consider putting your complete trust in Doucet Gerling. They will employ their vast knowledge and expertise on your behalf and work to attain a great outcome for your individual needs and situation.
"Troy Doucet is one of the most gifted attorneys that we have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He treated us with kindness and generosity. We were most impressed with his integrity and high sense of duty to us. If you are looking for an attorney to get the job done we highly recommend Troy Doucet. Our family can never thank him enough for getting our foreclosure problem solved."
My company has worked with multiple law firms in the past, but none have come close to matching the quality we are seeing from Doucet & Associates. If you want an attorney who has a deep understanding of both the legal system AND business, hire them – you won’t be disappointed.
"Mr. Doucet worked wonders in my case. He stood up for me when I felt overwhelmed and helpless and kept my credit rating and future intact. Thanks you so much for helping me and my family."
"My family and I would like to send a thank you with sincere gratitude for all the time, hard work, and long hours set a side daily to represent and speak on our behalf during a very challenging time in our life. Our success is a reflect of your commitment. Thank you Troy Doucet & law firm."